Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Negativity in tattooing and life in general...

I haven't been tattooing long enough to understand why tattooers feel the need to be angry or hateful toward each other. I have been tattooing long enough to have some of that hate directed at me, and I've had it affect my life outside of tattooing. I feel like I have a hard enough time dealing with difficult clients. So I have decided to try to ignore negativity and not try to involve myself in talking negatively about people. I have found this very difficult to do, especially when it's happening all around me. Meditation has helped me tremendously with this, since I have started mindful meditation I have been able to think a little more clearly. Now I'm no guru or lama, i can only keep my concentration for about 5 minutes so far, but I can only imagine the benefits of this if I could meditate for longer periods of time. I don't know what attracted me to this, I'm definately not a new age hippy or anything like that but I needed something and I found this. It is helping me manage stress, negativity, and negative people that come into my life, hopefully it only gets better.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment